A Clever Man Has Little Hair
Jack is not old, but he does not have much hair. His wife Helen has thick and black hair.
They have a son. His name is Peter, and he is five years old.
One day, Jack is reading a book in his room. Peter looks at his father for long time and says to his mother, “Why does father have so little hair, mum?” “He has little hair because he thinks a lot. He is a very clever man.” Helen says with a smile.
clever adj. 聪明的
thick adj. 厚的
for a long time 很长时间
laugh v. 笑
1. Helen is Peter’s _________.
2. Jack has _____ hair because he thinks a lot.
3. Jack is Peter’s _________.
4. Helen says _____ is a clever man.
1. mother 2. little 3. father 4. Jack