Foolish Father and Son
Mr Smith and his son Jim rent a boat from Mr Green. They find a very good place and catch a lot of fish. Now it is late and they are going home.
Jim says, “I’ll come here again tomorrow.”
“Yes, me too.” say his father. “But how can we get back and find the right place again?” “I can make a mark on the side of the boat.” Jim answers.
The father laughs and says, “No, that’s foolish! Mr Green won’t give us the same boat next time.”
foolish adj. 愚蠢的
rent v. 租
mark n. 标记
next time 下次
1. Mr Green ____ his boat to Mr Smith and his son.
2. They want to come here again _________.
3. Jim wants to make a _____ on the side of the boat to find the place.
4. Mr Smith seems more ________ than his son.
5. They _____ find the right place in this way.
1. T 2. F 3. F 4. T