1. The teacher asked the students ________ computer games for too long.
C.not to play
2. The doctor doesn't feel well today, ______ he still works very hard.
3. The smile on my mother's face showed that she was _______with me.
4. You'd better _______the book to others.
B.not to lend
5. The text is very easy for you. There are _____new words in it.
6. The box is________far for the boy______reach.
7. May I use your dictionary? I want to ____a word.
8. ---Would you like some chicken ?
---_______.I've had enough.
A. Yes, thank you.
C.That's all right
Long,long ago people made the first lightening(闪电).But they had to keep the fire burning,for they couldn't start it again if there was no lighting.Later,they found out hitting two pieces of stone together could make a spark（火花）.The spark could fire dry leaves.In this way they could make the fire again if it went out .Then people also learned to make a fire by rubbing(摩擦).They made a hole on a piece of wood and put a smaller stick into the hole. They turned the stick again and again.After a few minutes they got a fire.
As years went by, people learned other way to make a fire.Sometimes they used the heat from the sun.They held a piece of glass in the right way and made a piece of paper on fire.
About two centuries ago, people began to make matches.Matches brought people a quick and easy way to make fires.Today matches are still being used, but people have more new ways to make fires.One of them is to use an electric fire starter.Of course an electric fire starter is much more expensive then a box of matches, But it is very useful.
1. From the text we know that a spark can________.
A.fire and leaves
C.burn dry leaves
D.keep fire burning
2. We can also get a fire by__________.
A.making a hole on a big piece of wood
B.putting the smaller stick into the hole
C.turning the stick hard for a while
D.all above together
3. Matches have been used ___________.
A.for about two thousand years
B.for about two hundred years
C.since people began to use fire for cooking
D.since people used the heat from the sun
4. From the text, we know that _________.
A.electric fire starters are widely used
B.people haven't used matches since they had electric fire starters
C.today there are only two ways to make fire
D.some forest fires happen from lighting
5. Which of the following is the right order of the ways to make fires that people got to know?
a.with a match
b.from the sun
c. from lightening
e. with an electric fire starter
1. C 解析：ask的用法是：ask sb to do sth,如果变复数在to前加not.
2. A 解析：but表示转折，意味，虽然医生不舒服，但他还是努力工作。
3. B 解析：根据句意，妈妈笑了，说明应该是对我感到满意的。
4. D 解析：had better用法，had better do sth否定是在do前加not.
5. C 解析：word是可数名词，只能用few或a few.Few表示否定意义，本题意为这篇文章很容易，几乎没有生词。
6. A 解析：too—to意为太---而不能---
7. D 解析：look -- up 意为在（字典，书，电脑里）查找
8. B 解析：习惯用法，No, thanks.礼貌的拒绝。
1. C 解析：本题从第一段第四行可以得到答案。
2. D 解析：从第一段最后三行可以看出答案，前三个选项就是通过摩擦生火的三步。
3. B 解析：本题从第三段第一行可以得出答案。
4. A 解析：本题可用排除法，从最后一段可以把BC排除，文中并没提到闪电造成的火灾，所以D也不对，只能选A.
5. C 解析：从第一句看出第一句方式就是lighting,所以只能选C