1. It was _____ opportunity to miss.
A. too good an B. a too good
C. too a good D. too good
2. I don’t like it at all. It can’t be _____.
A. better B. worse
C. best D. worst
3. There was nothing special about this film — it was only ______.
A. particular B. average
C. interesting D. strange
4. She looks very _____ but I can’t remember her name.
A. similar B. familiar
C. friendly D. strange
5. He said he would return the money, and I was ______.
A. fool enough to believe him
B. enough fool to believe him
C. fool enough believing him
D. enough fool believing him
6. “This book is ______ more useful for us students.” “Yes, but it is _______ too difficult.”
A. quite, quite B. much, rather
C. rather, quite D. quite, much
7. The children all looked _____ at the broken model plane and felt quite _____.
A. sad, sad B. sadly, sadly
C. sad, sadly D. sadly, sad
8. The child dreamed that he had once lived in a _______ house in the forest.
A. wooden pretty little B. little pretty wooden
C. pretty little wooden D. wooden little pretty
9. He wanted to read more, so he asked his friends if there was _______ to read.
A. something easy enough B. something enough easy
C. enough easy something D. easy enough something
10. The doctor assured the patient that there was ______ with her, but she could not help worrying.
A. seriously wrong nothing B. nothing serious wrong
C. nothing seriously wrong D. serious nothing wrong
11. —How is your father?
—He’s fine. He’s______ to play tennis every Sunday.
A. enough active still B. enough still active
C. still active enough D. still enough active
12. —Did you wash your new suit in hot water?
—Of course not. I am not ______ foolish.
A. very B. that
C. very much D. too
13.—Which team is _______ to win the game?
—I don’t know, but I’ve found _______ for ours to win.
A. probable; it unlikely B. likely; it possible
C. possible; it possible D. likely; it possibly
14. He didn’t understand the _______ question, so there was a ______ expression on his face.
A. puzzling; puzzled B. puzzling; puzzling
C. puzzled; puzzled D. puzzled; puzzling
15. She can speak _______ in front of Mack, but she can’t eat ______ in his restaurant.
A. free, free B. free, freely
C. freely, free D. freely, freely
16. It was raining heavily. Little Mary felt cold, so she stood ____ to her mother.
A. close B. closely
C. closed D. closing
17. Fred is second to none in maths in our class, but believe it or not, he _______ passed the last exam.
A. easily B. hardly
C. actually D. successfully