1. “Shall we stop for lunch _____ shall we drive on?” “Let’s stop for lunch, but the driver can’t drink _____ drive.”
A. and, and B. or, or
C. and, or D. or, and
2. “_____ when does the pub stay open?” “About midnight.”
A. Since B. Before
C. Until D. After
3. “Would you like tea _____ coffee?” “_____, thanks.”
A. or, No B. and, Either
C. or, Neither D. and, Each
4. He imagines that people don’t like him, _____ they do.
A. and B. then
C. so D. but
5. I firmly believe _____ he said at the meeting was right.
A. that B. which
C. that what D. what that
6. Will you deliver, _____ do I have to come to the shop to collect the goods?
A. and B. or
C. so D. then
7. It shocked me to see ______ my neighbors treated their children.
A. why B. whether
C. how D. since
8. _____ the government agrees to give extra money , the theatre will have to close.
A. Until B. Unless
C. Since D. While
9. We were just about ready to leave _____ it started to snow.
A. when B. before
C. after D. since
10. —I don’t like chicken _______ fish.
—I don’t like chicken, _______ I like fish very much.
A. and, and B. and, but
C. or, but D. or, and
11. —Would you like to come to dinner tonight?
—I’d like to, ___ I’m too busy.
A. and B. so
C. as D. but