1. We’re so busy that no one in the office can _____ for any other work.
A. spare B. be spared
C. share D. be shared
2. He regards that book _____ one of the worst that he’s _____ read.
A. to be, ever B. to be, never
C. as, ever D. as, never
3. “Did you get a job?” “No, I ______, but it’s no use.”
A. expected B. tried to
C. managed to D. planned
4. “Do you know that Jack ______ a postman for about six years?” “Yes, I see.”
A. has become B. has turned
C. has changed D. has been
5. The thing that ______ is not whether you fail or not, but whether you try or not.
A. matters B. cares
C. considers D. minds
6. I don’t want the green coat. It is red and black colours that ______ me very well.
A. suit B. fit
C. suits D. fits
7. “Will another fifty be enough?” “Just twenty will ______.”
A. work B. do
C. suit D. fit
8. Goodbye, Mr Carter — my secretary will _____ you to the door.
A. send B. lead
C. drive D. show
9. This kind of cancer can be cured, provided it is ______ early.
A. got B. gained
C. seen D. caught
10. We haven’t enough books for everyone; some of you will have to _____.
A. help B. enjoy
C. share D. spare
11. He asked her to marry him and she _____ him.
A. answered B. received
C. accepted D. agreed