一是考查强调句型的基本结构，即“It is + 被强调成分 + that / who +其他部分 ”;
二是考查强调句的疑问句形式，如强调句的一般疑问句形式“Is it + 被强调成分 + that / who +其他部分”以及特殊疑问句形式“疑问词+is it that+其他部分”;
三是考查not…until…的强调形式“It was not until….that….”。如：
It was from Betty that he first heard the news. 这消息他最早是从贝蒂那里听到的。
Was it you who broke the window? 窗子是你打破的吗?
It was not until the rain stopped that they started. 直到雨停他们才出发。
How long ago is it that you last saw her? 你上次看见她是多久以前的事?
1. It wasn’t until nearly a month later _________ I received the manager’s reply.
A. since B. when C. as D. that
2. It is what you do rather than what you say _________matters.
A. that B. what C. which D. this
3.— _________ that he manage to get the information.
—Oh, a friend of his helped him.
A. Where was it B. What was it C. How was it D. Why was it
4. It was _________back home after the experiments.
A. not until midnight did he go B. until midnight that he didn’t go
C. not until midnight that he went D. until midnight when he didn’t go
5. It is these poisonous products _________ can cause the symptoms of the flu, such as headache and aching muscles.
A. who B. that C. how D. what
6. It was for this reason _________ her uncle moved out of New York and settled down in a small village.
A. which B. why C. that D. how
7. It is the ability to do the work _________ matters not where you come from or what you are.
A. one B. that C. what D. it