use， answer， owners， hear， idea， helpful， from（从这些词中选择）
We can often see dog 1 taking their dogs for a walk. But have you 2 of taking penguins go out for a walk in line every day. It is said that this can make them happy and stop them 3 being homesick. The penguins in this zoo didn’t eat well and were not kind to workers when they first came to the zoo, maybe they were not 4 to the life in the zoo. So the zookeepers came up with this good 5 . They let them walk just as they did in South Pole(南极). Now, all these penguins have become happy.
1. Wang Ping is quite good at English. He decides to take up ________ foreign language.
A. the other B. a second C. the second D. other
2. ________ has read the book.
A. Many a student B. Many a students
C. A many students D. A few student
3. -- ________ is the price of this pair of shoes?
--The price is ________. It’s only 60 yuan for each.
A. What; expensive B. How much; high
C. How much; cheap D. What; low
4. The family ________ TV when we got there.
A. are watching B. were watching C. is watching D. was watching
5. The farmers ________ 5 000 new words by the end of last year.
A. have learnt B. learnt C. would learn D. had learnt
6. -- ________?
--I was a waiter in a hotel.
A. What did you do last year B. Where did you work last year
C. How were you last year D. How did yon work last year
7. --The radio is too noisy. ________, please.
--All right. I’ll do it.
A. Turn it off B. Turn it on C. Open it D. Close it
8. You’d better ________ this radio; it can’t receive short-wave programmes ________.
A. not to use; clear B. not use; clear
C. not use; clearly D. not to use; clearly
9. --Look, Mum! I got the first prize in the physics competition today.
--Congratulations! I am very ________ what you’ve done.
A. angry with B. pleased with C. afraid of D. sorry for
10. The report that he ________ was ________.
A. did; successfully B. had; successfully
C. made; a success D. made; success