Mr Smith lives in the small village, but he works in an office in a big city. He goes to work by train every morning and comes ___1___ the same way.
One morning while he was ___2___ his newspaper on the train, a man ___3___ him came up to him. Mr Smith had not met him before. The man said, “___4___ ” to him and then ___5___ to talk to him. The man said, “Your ___6___ isn’t interesting, is it? You got on the same train at the same station at the same time ___7___ morning and you always sit in the same seat and read the same newspaper.”
When Mr Smith ___8___ this, he put his newspaper down, turned around and ___9___ to the man angrily, “How do you know all that about me?”
“Because I’m ___10___ sitting in the same seat behind you,” the man answered.
1. A. family B. house C. village D. home
2. A. seeing B. look C. reading D. finding
3. A. before B. behind C. beside D. next to
4. A. Sorry B. Thanks C. Hello D. Goodbye
5. A. refused B. stopped C. ordered D. began
6. A. life B. work C. office D. child
7. A. one B. every C. this D. yesterday
8. A. heard B. listened C. found D. felt
9. A. asked B. said C. told D. talked
10. A. never B. hardly C. always D. sometimes