1. “Shall we stop for lunch _____ shall we drive on?” “Let’s stop for lunch, but the driver can’t drink _____ drive.”
A. and, and B. or, or
C. and, or D. or, and
2. “_____ when does the pub stay open?” “About midnight.”
A. Since B. Before
C. Until D. After
3. “Would you like tea _____ coffee?” “_____, thanks.”
A. or, No B. and, Either
C. or, Neither D. and, Each
4. He imagines that people don’t like him, _____ they do.
A. and B. then
C. so D. but
5. I firmly believe _____ he said at the meeting was right.
A. that B. which
C. that what D. what that
6. Will you deliver, _____ do I have to come to the shop to collect the goods?
A. and B. or
C. so D. then
7. It shocked me to see ______ my neighbors treated their children.
A. why B. whether
C. how D. since
8. _____ the government agrees to give extra money , the theatre will have to close.
A. Until B. Unless
C. Since D. While
9. We were just about ready to leave _____ it started to snow.
A. when B. before
C. after D. since
10. —I don’t like chicken _______ fish.
—I don’t like chicken, _______ I like fish very much.
A. and, and B. and, but
C. or, but D. or, and
11. —Would you like to come to dinner tonight?
—I’d like to, ___ I’m too busy.
A. and B. so
C. as D. but
1. 选D，第一空填 or，表选择;第二空填 and，can’t drink and drive 指不能同时既喝酒又开车，即不能酒后开车。
3. 选C，选项A用No来回答选择疑问句，不妥;选项B用 and 连接 tea 与 coffee，说明问句并非提供选择，而答语却用了 either 这样表选择性的词语，也不妥;选项D与语境不符。
4. 选D，前后意思转折，故选 but。注：but they do = but they like him。
5. 选C，that 为引导宾语从句的连词，在 that what he said at the meeting was right 这一宾语从句中，又包含有what he said at the meeting 这一主语从句，而在该主语从句中，what用作动词 said 的宾语。
6. 选B，or 表选择。
7. 选C。how 修饰谓语动词 treated。
9. 选A，when 在此用作并列连词，意为“这时(突然)”。
10. 选C。第一空填 or，在否定词后用or，表示否定两者;第二空填but，表示转折。
11. 选D。but表转折，符合语意。而表并列的and， 结果的so，原因的as都不符合句意。