(1) Never in my wildest dreams _________ these people are living in such poor conditions. (安徽卷)
A. I could imagine B. could I imagine
C. I couldn’t imagine D. couldn’t I imagine
(2) Never before _________ in greater need of modern public transport than it is today. (上海卷)
A. has this city been B. this city has been
C. was this city D. this city was
(1) Little _________ that we were watching his every move, so he seemed to be going his own way in this business. (安徽卷)
A. he realized B. he didn’t realize
C. didn’t he realize D. did he realize
(2) They have a good knowledge of English but little _________ they know about German (天津卷)
A. have B. did C. had D. do
(1) Seldom _________ any apology when mistakes are made.
A. we receive B. do we receive
C. we received D. did we receive
(2) Seldom _________ an article that was so full of lies.
A. have I read B. I have read C. had I read D. I had read