在朱克曼家的谷仓里，快乐地生活着一群动物，其中小猪威尔伯和蜘蛛夏洛建立了最真挚的友谊。然而，一个最丑恶的消息打破了谷仓的平静：威尔伯未来的命运竞 是成为熏肉火腿。作为一只小猪，悲痛绝望的威尔伯似乎只能接受任人宰割的命运了，然而，看似渺小的夏洛却说：“我救你。”于是，夏洛用自己的丝在猪栏上织 出了被人类视为奇迹的网上文字，彻底逆转了威尔伯的命运，终于让它在集市的大赛中赢得特别奖，和一个安享天命的未来。但，这时，蜘蛛夏洛的生命却走到了尽 头……
E.B.怀特(1899-1985)生于纽约蒙特弗农，毕业于康奈尔大学。也许你对美国作家E.B. 怀特（E.B.White）感到陌生，也许你对《Charlotte's Web》（《夏洛的网》）不是很熟悉，但是一提起一部电影《精灵鼠小弟》，你马上就知道了，这部电影就是根据E.B. 怀特（E.B.White）的书改编拍摄的。他还有一部童话叫《吹小号的天鹅》
Chapter 9. Wilbur’s Boast
Wilbur hesitated a moment, then jumped out into the air. He glanced hastily behind to see if a piece of rope was following him to check his fall, but nothing seemed to be happening in his rear, and the next thing he knew he landed with a thump.”Ooomp!” he grunted.
No.1 - He crept down into his hole, pushed the goose egg out of the way, and returned with an old piece of dirty white string.
1. to move in a quiet, careful way, especially to avoid attracting attention
2. if something such as an insect, small animal, or car creeps, it moves slowly and quietly
3. to gradually enter something and change it
4. if a plant creeps, it grows or climbs up or along a particular place
5. if mist, clouds etc creep, they gradually fill or cover a place
1. Johann would creep into the gallery to listen to the singers.
2. Fog was creeping into the valley.
3. The feeling she had for Malcolm had crept up on her and taken her by surprise.
【举一反三】creep down和fall down
Creep down和fall down都有滑落的意思，那它们的区别在哪里呢？
No.2 – And summoning all his strength, he threw himself into the air, headfirst.
1. to order someone to come to a place
2. to officially order someone to come to a court of law
3. to arrange for a meeting to take place and order people to come to it
1. Robert summoned the waiter for the bill.
2. Hugh was summoned to appear before the magistrate.
3. He had to summon the energy to finish the race.
No.3 - My goodness, I would have starved to death waiting that long. I can make a web in a single evening.
【词组笔记】starve to death
1. to suffer or die because you do not have enough to
2. to prevent someone from having enough food to live
1. They'll either die from the cold or starve to death.
2. The poor dog looked like it had been starved.