Don’t Throw Good Things Away
A man is going to the house of a rich man. He sees a box of good apples by the road. He says, “I don’t want them, because the rich man will give me a lot of good food.” Then he takes the apples and throws them into the dustbin.
He comes to a river. The water in the river is very deep and he can’t get across it. He says to himself, “I can’t go to the rich man’s house today. ” So he goes home.
He has nothing to eat the day. He is very hungry, so he comes to the apples.
Don’t throw good things away, you may be glad to have them sometimes.
dustbin n. 垃圾箱
himself n. 他自己
hungry adj. 饥饿的
across v. 穿过，从一边到另一边
1. Where does the man find a box of apples?
2. Why he throws the apples away?
3. He can’t go to the rich man’s house, why?
4. Why the man is hungry and comes to the apples?
1. On his way to the rich man’s house.
2. He thinks he can eat good things soon.
3. Because he can’t go across the river.
4. Because he has nothing to eat that day.