1. I won’t call you, ________ something unexpected happens.
A. unless B. whether C. because D. while
2. We all know that, __________ , the situation will get worse.
A. not if dealt carefully with B. if not carefully dealt with
C. if dealt not carefully with D. not if carefully dealt with
3._______ he had not hurt his leg, John would have won the race.
A. If B. Since C. Though D. When
4. Pop music is such an important part of society ______ it has even influenced our language.
A. as B. that C. which D. where
5. Small sailboats can easily turn over in the water ______ they are not managed carefully.
A. though B. before C. until D. if
6. ________ I really don’t like art, I find his work impressive.
A.As B.Since C.If D.While
7. The field research will take Joan and Paul about five months; it will be a long time _____ we meet them again.
A. after B. before C. since D. when
8. Leave your key with a neighbor ___ you lock yourself out one day.
A. ever since B. even if C. soon after D. in case
9. Tim is in good shape physically ______ he doesn’t get much exercise.
A. if B. even though C. unless D. as long as
10. You will be successful in the interview you have confidence.
A. before B. once C. until D. though
11. ______ you may have, you should gather your courage to face the challenge.
A. However a serious problem B. What a serious problem
C. However serious a problem D. What serious a problem
12. He was told that it would be at least three more months ________ he could recover and return to work.
A. when B. before C. since D. that
13. there is a snowstorm or some other bad weather, the mail always comes on time.
A.Because B.If C.When D.Unless
14. tomorrow, our ship will set sail for Macao.
A.However the weather is like B.However is the weather like
C.Whatever is the weather like D.Whatever the weather is like
15. ______ our manager objects to Tom's joining the club, we shall accept him as a member.
A. Until B. Unless C If D. After
16. Many of them turned a deaf ear to his advice, _______ they knew it to be valuable.
A. as if B. now that C. even though D. so that
17. My parents live in a small village. They always keep candles in the house _____ there is a power out.
A. if B. unless C. in case D. so that
18. We had to wait half an hour _____ we had already booked a table.
A. since B. although C. until D. before
19. --- Where’s that report? --- I brought it to you ______ you were in Mr. Black’s office yesterday.
A. if B. when C. because D. before
20. --- Have you got any idea for the summer vacation?
--- I don’t mind where we go ______ there’s sun, sea and beach.
A. as if B. as long as C. now that D. in order that
21--- Do you have a minute? I’ve got something to tell you.
--- Ok, ______ you make it short.
A. now that B. if only C. so long as D. every time
22. Nancy enjoyed herself so much _____ she visited her friends in Sydney last year.
A. that B. which C. when D. where
23. John thinks it won’t be long ______he is ready for his new job.
A. when B. after C. before D. since
24. He found it increasingly difficult to read, ______ his eyesight was beginning to fail.
A. though B. for C. but D. so
25. You’d better not leave the medicine ______ kids can get it.
A. even if B. which C. where D. so that