■ there be 结构中的be必须随着be后面名词的数及句子后面的时间，使用不同的形式或时态。如：
(1) There are fifty chairs, desks and a blackboard in our classroom.
(比较) There is a blackboard, fifty chairs and desks in our classroom.
(2) There weren’t any high buildings in the village twenty years ago.
■ there be结构可与情态动词can, could, will, would, must, may, might, ought to 及某些不及物动词seem, appear, happen等连用，如：
(1) Do go into the hole, for there can be snakes in it.
(2) The car doesn’t run. There must be something wrong with it.
(3) There seemed to be some people in the room, for the water is still hot.
(4) There happened to be a policeman there.
■ 有时为了使句子表达生动，动词be 可换成 come, live, remain, stand, lie, appear, exist, seem, remain, …. 。如：
(1) Long ago, there lived a king who loved horses very much.
(2) There stands a house on the top of the mountain.
(3) There exists some doubt in what he said.
■ there be 结构不能跟 have(有) 连用，但可跟 have / has + 过去分词，或 have /has to + be / stand / lie 等动词原形等连用。如：
(1) The man liked to plant trees, and soon there have been tall trees around his house.
(2) There has to be air and water on the planet for living things to live on.