1. It _____ Mike and Mary who helped the old man several days ago.
A. was B. are C. were D. had been
2. It was not until 1920 _____ regular radio broadcasts began.
A. which B. when C. that D. since
3. She said she would go and she ________ go.
A. didn’t B. did C. really D. would
4. It was the training _____ he had as a young man _____ made him such a good engineer.
A. what; that B. that; what C. that; which D. which; that
5. — Were all three people in the car injured in the accident?
— No, ______ only the two passengers who got hurt.
A. there were B. it were C. there was D. it was
6. It was not until 1936___baseball became a regular part of Olympic Games.
A. then B. which C. that D. when
7. ___in 1943___the harmful smog made its appearance in Los Angeles.
A. Only… that B. It was… then
C. That it was… when D. It was… that
8. It was on the National Day___ she met with her separated sister.
A. that B. where C. when D. which
9. ___the 1500's___the first European explored the coast of California.
A. It was until……then B. It was not until … when
C. It is until……that D. It was not until……that
10. ___in this room that our first meeting was held.
A. Just when B. When C. Where D. It was