He bought the book in this shop yesterday.
→It was he that bought the book in this shop yesterday. (强调主语he)
→It was the book that he bought in this shop yesterday. (强调宾语the book)
→It was in this shop that he bought the book yesterday. (强调地点状语in this shop)
It’s in the park that Jack met your sister yesterday.
It is on political questions that their views are different.
1. —Where did you get to know her?
—It was on the farm _________ we worked.
A. that B. there C. which D. where
2. David said that it was because of his strong interest in literature _________ he chose the course.
A. that B. what C. why D. how
Jim told us the news.(非强调句)
→It was Jim that told us the news.(强调句型的陈述句形式)
→Was it Jim that told us the news.(强调句型的一般疑问句形式)
→Who was it that told us the news.(强调句型的特殊疑问句形式)
特殊疑问句形式的强调句可视为对陈述句强调中的被强调成分提问得来，如对It was yesterday that he arrived. 这一句中的yesterday提问，即得到When was it that he arrived? 请再看以下例子 ：
How long ago is it that you last saw her? 你上一次看见她是多久以前的事?
Why is it that I always land up cleaning the bath? 为什么总是该我来洗刷浴缸?
Who was it that won the World Cup in 1982? 谁赢得了1982年的世界杯?
1. I just wonder _________ that makes him so excited.
A. why it does B. what he does C. how it is D. what it is
2.— _________ that he manage to get the information.
—Oh, a friend of his helped him.
A. Where was it B. What was it C. How was it D. Why was it
3. Why! I have nothing to confess. _________ you want me to say?
A. What is it that B. What it is that C. How is it that D. How it is that
It was after he got married that he got to know Mary.
It was not what he he said but how he behaved that made us angry.
1. It is not who is right but what is right _________ is of importance.
A. which B. it C. that D. this
2. I don’t mind her criticizing me, but _________ is how she does it that I object to.
A. it B. that C. this D. which
3. It was after he got what he had desired _________ he realized it was not so important.
A. that B. when C. since D. as
4. It is what you do rather than what you way _________ matters.
A. that B. what C. which D. this
其基本形式为It is (was) not until…that…。比较：
He didn't come until his wife left. 他妻子走了之后他才来。
→It was not until his wife left that he came. 他妻子走了之后他才来。
They didn't start until the rain stopped. 直到雨停他们才出发。
→It was not until the rain stopped that they started. 直到雨停他们才出发。
Not until his wife left did he come. 他妻子走了之后他才来。
Not until the rain stopped did they start. 直到雨停他们才出发。
1. It _________ we had stayed together for a couple of weeks _________ I found we had a lot in common.
A. was until; when B. was until; that C. wasn’t until; when D. wasn’t until; that
2. It was not until she got home _________ Jennifer realized she had lost her keys.
A. when B. that C. where D. before
3. It wasn’t until nearly a month later _________ I received the manager’s reply.
A. since B. when C. as D. that
It might have been John _________ bought a present for Mary yesterday.
A. that B. when C. what D. which
【解析】答案选A，为强调句型，由于句中动词be采用了might have been这一复杂结构，所以许 多同学们可能会看不出它是一个强调句型。
It was evening we reached the little town of Winchester.
A. that B. until C. since D. before
【解析】答案选D。有的考生一看到句首的it was，再联系到选项中的that，就以为这是考查强 调句。其实错了。此题是考查连词before的用法。因为去掉It was…that这一结构后，原句不能成 为一个完整的句子，所以这不是强调结构。句意是：我们还没有到达Winchester这个小镇，天就夜了。