1. The news _____ be true. I know everything about it.
A.Can’t B.mustn’t C. needn’t D. may not
2. You don’t know how to do it, you may come and ask me _____.
A.help B.to help C.for help D. for helping
3. Mary is _____ to answer the question correctly.
A. too clever B. so clever C.clever enough D. enough clever
4. _____ the boy is to learn to talk!
A. How slow B.How slowly C.What a slow D.What slowly
5. Is the museum ____ they visited last month?
A. that B. where C.which D.the one
6. For the sake of her daught’s health, she decided to move to a warm ___-
A. weather B.temperature C. season D.climate
7. – Why don’t we take a little break?
----Didn’t we just have _____?
A. it B. that C.one D.this
Fire can help people in many ways. But it can also be very harmful (有害的). Fire can make water hot and house warm, give light and cook food. But fire can burn things, too. It can make trees, houses, animals and other things catch fire (起火). If some people can’t run away from fire, it can kill them. This happens in every country. Sometimes big fire can burn forests and destroy many tall buildings. Nobody knows clearly when people began to make fire, but there are many interesting stories about the first time a man or a woman started a fire. One story from Australia tells about a man starting a fire a long time ago. He went up to the sun and brought fire down. Today people know how to make a fire with matches (火柴). Children sometimes like to play with them. But matches can be very dangerous. The match can burn a piece of paper and then it can burn a house. A small fire can become a big fire. Fire kills many people every year. So you must be careful with fire.
1. The text tellls us________ .
A. how to find fire B. where people make fire C. how to make a fire D. why fire is dangerous
2. The word “destroy ” in the text means__________ in Chinese .
A. 破灭 B. 炸毁 C. 毁坏 D. 粉碎
3. Matches can be dangerous because _____________ .
A. they always burn a house B. they can make things catch fire
C. they can burn a piece of paper D. they kill many animals every year
4. Now people know fire can be __________ .
A. harmful B. useful C. bright D. both A and B
5. Which of the following is NOT right?
A. Fire can make house warm and cook food.
B. People should use fire carefully.
C. Fire can burn a house and kill pepole.
D. We know when man began to make a fire.