1. The teacher asked the students ________ computer games for too long.
A.don't play B.didn't play C.not to play D.not play
2. The doctor doesn't feel well today, ______ he still works very hard.
A.but B.and C.so D.or
3. The smile on my mother's face showed that she was _______with me.
A.sad B.pleased C.angry D. sorry
4. You'd better _______the book to others.
A.don't lend B.not to lend C.didn't lend D.not lend
5. The text is very easy for you. There are _____new words in it.
A.a few B.a little C. few D.little
6. The box is________far for the boy______reach.
A.too....to.... B.to; too C.so;that D.no;to
7. May I use your dictionary? I want to ____a word.
A.look at B.look for C.look after D.look up
8. ---Would you like some chicken ?
---_______.I've had enough.
A. Yes, thank you. B.No, thanks C.That's all right D.Just fine.
Long,long ago people made the first lightening(闪电).But they had to keep the fire burning,for they couldn't start it again if there was no lighting.Later,they found out hitting two pieces of stone together could make a spark（火花）.The spark could fire dry leaves.In this way they could make the fire again if it went out .Then people also learned to make a fire by rubbing(摩擦).They made a hole on a piece of wood and put a smaller stick into the hole. They turned the stick again and again.After a few minutes they got a fire.
As years went by, people learned other way to make a fire.Sometimes they used the heat from the sun.They held a piece of glass in the right way and made a piece of paper on fire.
About two centuries ago, people began to make matches.Matches brought people a quick and easy way to make fires.Today matches are still being used, but people have more new ways to make fires.One of them is to use an electric fire starter.Of course an electric fire starter is much more expensive then a box of matches, But it is very useful.
1. From the text we know that a spark can________.
A.fire and leaves B.burn anything
C.burn dry leaves D.keep fire burning
2. We can also get a fire by__________.
A.making a hole on a big piece of wood
B.putting the smaller stick into the hole
C.turning the stick hard for a while
D.all above together
3. Matches have been used ___________.
A.for about two thousand years
B.for about two hundred years
C.since people began to use fire for cooking
D.since people used the heat from the sun
4. From the text, we know that _________.
A.electric fire starters are widely used
B.people haven't used matches since they had electric fire starters
C.today there are only two ways to make fire
D.some forest fires happen from lighting
5. Which of the following is the right order of the ways to make fires that people got to know?
a.with a match b.from the sun
c. from lightening d.by rubbing
e. with an electric fire starter