1. He often ____ me ___ my English.
A. helps, with B. help, with C. helps, learnt D. help, learn
2. Sorry, I can’t go with you. I have to ______ my little cousin.
A. take care B. look at C. babysit D.babysitter
3. Have you ever argued _____ your parents?
A. with B.to C.on D. of
4. The match made them ______ at last.
A. happily B. quickly C. slowly D. friendly
5. Some of the boys enjoy ______ football.
A. play B. playing C.to play D. played
Once an old man was walking in a street with his horse. It was raining hard. The old man was cold because he was walking in the rain. He wanted to stay in a restaurant. It was a quarter past three in the afternoon. The old man got to a small restaurant. There were a lot of people in it. The old man couldn’t come near the fire. He thought and thought. At last he said to the waiters, “take some fish to my horse.” The waiter and the people were very surprised. The waiter said,” A horse doesn’t eat fish.” The old man told the waiter,” This horse is very interesting. It can sing, dance and does all kinds of things. It can eat fish, too.” So the waiter brought the horse some fish. All the people in the restaurant ran out to see the horse eat fish except the old man. Now the old man sat beside the fire. After a while the waiter came back and said,” Your horse didn’t eat any fish.” The old man said,” All right, take the fish back and put it on the table. I’ll eat it.”
1. The old man felt very cold because______.
A.It was a cloudy and windy day. B. It snowed.
C.He had traveled in the heavy rain D. He was hungry.
2. The people in the restaurant all ran out because _____.
A.they wanted to see the old man. B. they wanted to see the horse eating fish.
C.they had been told there came the horse. D.there was no fire over the stove.
3. Indeed, the horse can neither _____ nor ____ nor______.
A. walk---speak----eat B.sing---dance---sleep
C. sing---dance---eat fish D. speak---walk---sit
4. All the people in the restaurant rushed out_____ but______.
A.to see the horse sing---the old man B. to watch the horse play games---the waiter
C. to look for the horse---the old man D. to see the horse eat fish---the old man
5. Why did the old man ask the waiter to take some fish to his horse? Because _____.
A. his horse liked eating fish B. he was cold
C. he wanted to sit by the fire, but wasn’t able to do so at first.
D. he himself also liked to eat fish.