原版绘本分享:The Giving Tree 爱心树

 来源:沪江社团    要点:英语课外阅读  
编辑点评: Once, there was a tree…从前有一棵大树。And she loved a little boy.她喜欢上一个小男孩儿。And he would gather her leaves,采集她的树叶。Make them into crowns and play king of the forest.做成王冠,想像自己就是森林之王。

 

【镇社帖】“小学全能英语训练营”重磅来袭!英语学神是这么炼成的!>>>

群分享原文及资源下载地址>>>

这是一本动人的绘本,也是一本值得发人深省的绘本,和孩子一起读读,感受一下,探讨一下……

Once, there was a tree…

从前有一棵大树

And she loved a little boy.

她喜欢上一个小男孩儿

And he would gather her leaves,采集她的树叶

Make them into crowns and play king of the forest.

做成王冠,想像自己就是森林之王。

He would climb up her trunk, 他常常爬上她的树干

Swing from her branches and eat apples.

在树枝上荡秋千,吃树上结的苹果

and eat apples.

吃树上结的苹果

They would play hide-and-go-seek.

他们一同玩着捉迷藏的游戏

And when he was tired, he would sleep in her shade.

当小男孩儿累了,他就在大树的树阴里睡觉

And the boy loved the tree…

小男孩儿爱这棵树,

very much…

非常非常爱她

And the tree was happy.

大树很快乐

But time went by但是时光流逝,

and the boy grew older

男孩儿逐渐长大

The tree was often alone

 大树常常感到孤寂

So the boy climbed up the tree,于是男孩儿爬上大树

And gathered her apples, and carried them away. 摘下她的苹果,把它们带走了

And the tree was happy. 大树很快乐

And one day boy came to the tree.

有一天男孩儿来到大树前

And tree said,"Come, boy. Come and climb my trunk,

大树说,“来吧,孩子,快来,爬上我的树干,

And swing from my branches and eat apples,

在我的树枝间荡秋千,吃我的苹果,

And play in my shade and be happy."

在树阴间小睡,你会很快乐的”

"I am too big to climb and play", said boy,

“我已经长大了,再也不能那样爬树玩乐了,”男孩说,

"I want to buy things and have fun.I want some money.“

我想买自己想要的东西,让自己快乐,我需要钱,

Can you give me some money?"

你能给我一些钱吗?”

"I am sorry", said the tree,

“对不起”,大树说,

"I have no money. I have only leaves and apples.

“我没有钱,我只有树叶和苹果,

Take my apples, boy.

拿些苹果走吧,孩子。

And sell them in the city and you will have money.

在城里卖个好价钱,你就会有钱的,

And you will be happy."

你就会很快乐。”

And so the boy cut off her branches

于是男孩儿剪下大树的树枝

and carried them away to build his house.

带走了它们,建起了自己的房子

And the tree was happy.

大树很快乐

But the boy stayed away for a long time.

但是男孩儿一去又是许久

And when he came back,the tree was so happy. She could hardly speak.

当他回来,大树喜不能语

"Come, boy." She whispered,"come and play."

“来吧,孩子”,她低语着,“过来玩吧。”

"I am too old and sad to play," said the boy,

“我太年老了,我很悲伤”,男孩儿说,

"I want a boat that will take me far away from here.

“我想要一艘船,带我远离这片土地,

Can you give me a boat?”

你能给我一艘船吗?”

"Cut down my trunk and make a boat," said the tree.

“砍下我的树干做一艘小船”,树说,

"Then you can sail away, and be happy."

“你就可以远航,你就会快乐”。

And so the boy cut down her trunk

于是男孩儿砍下她的树干,

And made a boat and sailed away.

做了小船扬帆而去。

 

And the tree was happy,

树很快乐,

but not really.

但真是如此吗?

After a long time

过了很久很久

The boy came back again.

男孩儿又回到了大树前

"I am sorry, boy", said the tree,

“对不起,孩子”,大树说,

"But I have nothing left to give you"

“我已一无所有,没什么能再给你的了”

My apples are gone.

我已结不出苹果。

My teeth are too weak for apples," said the boy.

“我的牙齿已经咬不动苹果了”,男孩儿说。

"My branches are gone", said the tree,"You cannot swing on them."

“我也没有树枝了”,大树说,“你再也不能荡秋千了。”

"I am too old to swing on branches", said the boy.

“我太衰老了,已荡不动秋千了”,男孩儿说。

"My truck is gone", said the tree."You cannot climb."

“我也没有树干了”,大树说,“你再也不能爬树了。”

"I am too tired to climb", said the boy.

“我太累了,已爬不动大树了”,男孩儿说。

"I am sorry", sighed the tree.

“对不起”,大树说,

"I wish that I could give you something…But I have nothing left.

“我希望我能为你做些什么,但我一无所有,

I am just an old stump. I am sorry…"

我只是一个老树墩,对不起。”

"I don’t need very much now", said the boy,

“我现在并不需要什么”,男孩说,

"just a quiet place to sit and rest. I am very tired."

“只需要一个可以坐着休息的地方,我太累了。”

"Well", said the tree, straightening herself up as much as she could,

“那好”,大树说着直了直身子,竭力地说道,

"Well, an old stump is good for sitting and resting.

“一个老迈的大树墩正适合坐着休息。

Come, boy, sit down. Sit down and rest."

来吧,孩子,坐下,坐下休息吧。”

And the boy did.

于是男孩儿便坐下了

And the tree was happy.

大树很快乐

词义辨析:

Trunk 树干

The trunk of a tree is the large main stem from which the branches grow.

Branch 树枝

branch:普通用词,泛指树木比bough小一些的大枝或小枝,也可用于引申意义。

limb:多指主枝或大枝。

bough:指主枝或粗大强壮的枝。

shoot:指植物或灌木刚长出的新枝、嫩枝或嫩芽。

Stem (植物的)秆,茎,梗

The stem of a plant is the thin, upright part on which the flowers and leaves grow.

Stalk 茎;秆;柄;梗

The stalk of a flower, leaf, or fruit is the thin part that joins it to the plant or tree.

区别:

Corn is treated when the stalk starts to elongate. 在玉米杆开始拔节时,给玉米打药。

The stinging nettle has a square stem and little hairs. 荨麻长有四方茎和细小茸毛。

可见,stem常用于花草的茎,而stalk更常用于植物的梗。

Spray (一根枝条上的)花簇(或叶片)

A spray of flowers or leaves is a number of flowers or leaves on one stem or branch.

(更多使用的是它的动词含义)

willow柳;柳树

A willow or a willow tree is a type of tree with long branches and long narrow leaves that grows near water.

孩子总是不自觉得索求,这是个温馨的故事,略带悲哀的感动,在这个故事里,人们更多地把树看成母爱的化身。如果不是爱,又怎么能让树奉献了一切还无怨无悔呢?

这个故事的主题是给予,而在施与受之间是有偏差的,最后的结尾树很快乐,已经到了牺牲到没有可牺牲的份上了,依然还是那么一句话。只有母爱才会如此伟大,令人动容。不过故事也让我们有一些警醒的地方,母爱虽然无私,但孩子不能一味的满足,让孩子学会感恩,同样是人生很重要的道理!

最新2018英语课外阅读信息由沪江小学资源网提供。

最新文章

请输入错误的描述和修改建议,建议采纳后可获得50沪元。

错误的描述:

修改的建议: